Psalms 119:105 \ Psalms 18:30
Have you ever had someone say you I GIVE YOU MY WORD. What happens sometimes? They never show, they leave you desiring if hey even meant what they said. And your trust in their word becomes fractured.
Well if man has failed you, whom they will unfortunately sometime, I KNOW SOMEONE THAT YOU CAN COMPLETELY TRUST! GOD!
Story of Abraham and promised son – 25yr Promise
- Gen 18 - God Promised him a son (70-75 yrs old)
- Waited for 10 yrs and Sarah convinced him to do things their way
- 11 yrs after the promise Ishmael was born.
- 14 yrs later Sarah became pregnant with Issac
Truth is when someone tells us they’re going to do something, we have a hard enough time is they say it’s going to be 25 minutes, much less not give us a timeline…but 25 yrs! No wonder Abraham was the father of faith! (Even he slipped up though)
- When God gives you a Word, He expects you to take Him at His Word. He is good for it. When you release faith in what God said, you are demonstrating your confidence that He will do what He said He would do.
- You must resist the urge to take on “care” while you are waiting on God. Most of the time there is a space between the promise you get from God and the performance of it. In the space between the promise and the performance satan will do all he can to get you to take on “the cares of this world.” The enemy does this, because the cares of this world can choke-out the Word from working in your life. Satan does not want to see God’s promises come to pass for you, and he knows he cannot stop God. But he also knows that if he can get you frustrated, distracted, unfocused, and full of fear/doubt/unbelief/worry then you may not see God’s promise come to pass. And it had nothing to do with God or His faithfulness. It had everything to do with you, and your failure to walk and live by faith. This is why it is so critically important that you protect your mind and your heart. You must remain IN-FAITH throughout the space between the promise and the performance. If you do, the following will be written in your life’s story: AND IT CAME TO PASS!!! I love those five words. I love saying that God’s promise CAME TO PASS in my life. Hold on! Remain in faith. It SHALL come to pass!
- When you have confidence in God, you believe His Word is good, and you start to make decisions and perform actions based on what He said, that is called FAITH and this is how we are supposed to live!
- Living by faith means you are living by God’s Word, you have the confidence to take Him at His Word, and you resist every inkling to fear, doubt or worry in the process. - Pslams 119:105 – Your Word is lamp unto my feet & a light to my path\ 2nd Samuel 22:31 – “As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; - he shields all who take refuge in him.
- We are called and commanded to walk and live by faith. True faith has a rest component to it. When you are in-faith you are also in-rest, knowing that God already did what He said He was going to do.
- He did it by His unearned grace.
- He did it from the foundations of the world.
- He did it within the halls of eternity and it simply has not manifested itself in time yet.
- Living by faith means you believe God’s promise is already done in heaven and the manifestation of it in the earth is merely a matter of time.
- Receiving God’s peace is great, but entering into God’s rest takes you to another level. When you enter into God’s rest concerning something, then that’s it! As far as you are concerned, it’s a done deal. No matter how long it actually takes to manifest in the earth, you know the matter is settled in heaven and you are not moved by anything you see. When you live this way you do not allow “the cares of this world” to choke out the Word.
- Once you enter into God’s rest, the pressure of the situation has no power over you. You don’t take on any care because you are confident in God and what He said. The enemy can try, but the pressure he attempts to put on you, while you are waiting on God, is resisted because you have entered into God’s rest concerning it. This is a picture of how we are supposed to live. – Note to self
- Once you enter into God’s rest you feel no “pressure to perform” to earn it or deserve it. You simply believe for it. You know God’s blessing is not contingent upon your goodness. God blesses you because He is good, not because you are. That’s grace!
Rest in His Promises & Take God at His Word!
Prayer: Father, this is a season of expectation for us. My expectation is tied to Your Word. I take You at Your Word Father. Your Word is good with me. If You tell me something, then as far as I am concerned, it is already done! This is how I live by faith. This is how I am called to live. And living this way, I get to enter into Your divine rest. I resist the pressure to perform. I don’t take on any pressure to attempt to work for it or earn it. I resist every inkling of fear, doubt and unbelief. I enter into Your rest. No more sleepless nights for me! I rest in You, trust in You and believe in You. I will accomplish all You have called me to do; not by my power, but only by Your amazing grace! I live stress-free, worry-free and carefree! I declare this by faith. In Jesus’ name, Amen!